The Craft Studio has six areas available to Members working on personal projects:
All areas of the Craft Studio are available to Members, however each area has different policies about how, when, and who may use the equipment.
The Craft Studio is a public, community space. Therefore, we have a few rules about using the space that make it more pleasant for everyone.
- If you take it out, put it back. If you make a mess, clean it up.
- Speak softly. The Craft Studio has high ceilings that amplify noise; there is no need to shout.
- Be civil. We encourage all types of discussion in the Craft Studio, serious or not, but please be aware that other people may not share your experience and opinions.
- Keep us in the loop. If you are unhappy with any part of your Craft Studio experience, we want to know. We continually update our policies to make the Craft Studio experience better, but we cannot fix a problem if we are unaware of it.
- If you don’t know how to use a tool or machine, please ask for help. We would love to teach you a new skill! But some of our equipment is dangerous or delicate. We don’t want you to get hurt.
- Production work is not allowed. You cannot make production line pieces to sell. Please contact the coordinator for further information about this policy.